As a parent, you may want to give your kid the best of everything. Identifying and nurturing their talent and passion is something you must do.
If your kid(s) shows interest in boxing or karate, you may want to encourage them to hone their skills in a fun and proper manner.
Boxing is highly beneficial for young and older kids alike. It teaches them to be focused, disciplined, and competitive.
It also has tons of benefits, such as improving their fitness and agility, teaching them self-defense, and boosting their confidence. Not to mention, it is so much fun too!
There are plenty of options for home training your children in boxing or karate.
Also, if kids have too much pent up energy, anger, or frustration, they tend to take it out in a negative manner. But punching bags are a tool that acts as an outlet to channelize their negative emotions positively.
Here are 5 of the best punching bags for kids.
Best Kids Punching Bag – Reviews & Buying guide for 2021
1 Winner: RDX Kids Punching Bag
The RDX is a great punching bag for your kid to use. Weighing around 9 to12 kg, 2 feet in height, and 28 cm in diameter, it is the perfect size for older kids.
And to be honest, even if you want to let out some steam!
- Height: 2 feet
- Weight: 9 to 12 kg
- Diameter: 28 cm
- The punching bag is constructed from highly Maya-Hide Leather, highly durable and reliable. It does not wear very easily, so it can take anything your teenager throws at it. Hand-stitched to perfection, it is equipped with shredded textile shock-absorbent pulp, which ensures that the rebound is soft. No matter the force applied, the impact will be absorbed and dispersed across the surface of the bag.
- The extra-wide Zero Impact G-Core twinned layering kids glove is lined with a super-dense inner Polyethylene foam jacket. It is ideal for junior champions for its consistency, reliability, durability, and shock-absorption properties. Heavy gauge welded S rings are double stitched and attached to the bag to provide extra sturdiness.
- The design is Zip Top, which allows you to easily access the pulp and replace it with other materials, such as sand. The zip-top closure provides maximum full potential and helps the bag remain sturdy. If needed, you make the bag heavier for a more-grueling, high-intensity workout.
- The chains are rust-proof and can accommodate weight up to 9 to12 kilos. So, if your little one wants to take a run at the bag, grab on and go for a swing. They can do so without falling instantly! Further, the compact padding offers your young one complete protection and safety from blows and kicks.
- With RDX Kids Punching Bag, your little champ can now throw relentless blows and strikes without causing any damage to the bag or themselves. It helps to improve their stamina and endurance.
- It can be used for sports such as boxing, Muay Thai, and Kickboxing.
- The bag does not come filled as advertised. That is just about the only downfall we could find with this product. Otherwise, the quality is impeccable. No wonder people seem to love it! It is one of the best kids punching bags set.
2 Runner-Up: Protocol Punching Bag with Stand
If you or your kid is into challenging workouts and looking for a punching bag that is both functional and fun, the Protocol Punching Bag with Stand is a great place to start.
It can be used for both kids and adults who are just stepping into the world of fitness and looking to bring the gym home.
- Height of adjustable stand: 48” to 58”
- This punching bag is ideal for kids and adults alike. You can set it up in your basement, garage, or spare rooms to perform boxing or punching workouts at home.
- The youth punching bag with stand comes with an inflatable punching ball, deluxe padded boxing gloves with re-closable straps, a base, and an adjustable stand that measures 48 inches to 58 inches high. You can increase or decrease the stand based on your requirement.
- The base is heavy-duty, and so it provides great support no matter the intensity or duration of your exercise routine. Filled with water or sand, it holds the set firmly in place.
- If you are looking for an all-in-one boxing set with everything you need for a nice and intense workout, look no further than Protocol Punching Bag with Stand. The installation is easy and the setup will not take much time either. Moreover, you can effortlessly fill the base with either sand or water so that it remains in place no matter what you throw at it!
- To use, simply mount the punching ball on the adjustable height stand. You are good to go!
- The two padded boxing gloves are equipped with easy-to-use closures and an air pump along with a needle to make it easier to set up the system and pull it apart as required.
- Due to the high, heavy-duty construction, it is a lot quieter. So, it will not cause any disturbance to your neighbors.
- If you are looking for a punching bag that scores high on function, form, and fun, the Protocol Punching Bag with Stand is one of the best there is.
- The instructions to assemble could be a little clearer. When the base is filled with water, it tends to leak and create a mess.
Alternative: Luniquz Punching Bag for Kids
The Luniquz is a chained punching bag for kids. If you are not too keen on inflatable kids punching bags or even a youth punching bag with a stand, go with the Luniquz punching bag.
Perfect for pre-teens, teens, and even adults, this punching bag packs a punch!
- Weight: 1.55 pounds
- Lengths: 23 or 31 inches
- Diameter: 9 or 11-inch diameters
- Luniquz Punching Bag is an excellent alternative to kids punching bag inflatable or a punching bag with a stand. You may find it a little tiring to pump the bag because it may deflate every so often. And with a punching bag, you may face the bulky nature and installation issues.
- The design is impeccable. The brand logo is positioned at the center of the bag and provides you with a great spot to target. This boxing bag for kids and adults helps boost health, get a more vibrant, robust, and energetic body, and develop self-defense and self-discipline. The latter comes with frequent and focussed practice, and the fun element of this punching back ensures you stick to your routine. If your kid has a lot of pent up energy, this punching bag gives an excellent means to exhaust the excessive energy.
- The multiple layers of the bag buffers impact and lasts long. With the metal mount chain that comes with the punching bag, you can quickly and conveniently set it up. The snap-lock makes installation even more accessible. Further, the multi-layered bag sparring bag is equipped with wear-resistant Oxford to withstand heavy strikes. On the inside, the foam padding sheet can buffer and distribute the impact of the punch evenly through the bag, thereby protecting the boxer from getting hit or causing an injury.
- It comes in a range of sizes and colors and is excellent for various activities, such as MMA, Muay Thai, and Boxing. You can pick from the 23*9 or the 31*11 inches dimensions. So, you can choose one based on the age and level of skills in boxing or martial arts.
- You can clean this easily with a brush and air dry it. A soft brush is all needed to keep it as good as new. The hanging chain that is permanently attached to the bag lends durability, and you can enjoy years of use.
- You can load the bag quickly on your own. The zipper bag makes the process a lot easier. You have plenty of options to fill it, such as rags, sawdust, sponge, foam, pillow and dry sand, beans, corns. It takes 25 pounds to create resistance.
- If you are looking for a bag to reduce difficulty in installation and post-installation maintenance, you can try out the Luniquz kids punching bag set.
- Some users received the punching bag with the chain missing. Also, the zipper quality needs improvement as it may break with use.
Alternative: ImpiriLux Inflatable T-Rex Dinosaur
This is a fun punching bag designed for children aged 3 years and above. Even older kids and adults can use it every now and then to bring out the child in them!
- Weight: 2.16 pounds
- Height: 48”
- The ImpiriLux Inflatable T-Rex Dinosaur is a super fun punching bag for kids. Getting kids away from screen time is a difficult task. You can achieve this while enabling them to be physically active at the same time.
- It helps young kids develop their coordination and motor skills. In older kids, it enhances their reflexes and contributes to strengthening.
- This dino-themed punching bag stands tall at 48”, and your kids can kick and punch all they want and still not hurt themselves or anyone in the process.
- One of the key features of this product is its durability. The thick vinyl fabric and precision welding make it one of the highest quality inflatable punching bags that is built to last. The product undergoes a thorough 12-hour quality assurance inflation test, so you can rest assured that it can deliver up to 12 hours of inflation.
- Moreover, the product design is attractive yet simple, making the installation quick and easy. All you have to do is fill the water-tight bottom chamber of the unit with water or sand to keep it upright and then fill the top section with air.
- It may not stand up to some rough use by kids and tend to pop. It may pop, spring a leak, or deflate if kids don’t use it the way it was intended for or use it roughly.
Alternative: ImpiriLux Inflatable Two-Sided Punching Bag
We generally think of punching bags as items that provide a great spot to kick and punch till all the pent up frustration, stress, and energy dissipates.
But this is one punch bag with such a unique design that it comes with dual illustrations on both sides on both sides allowing two opponents to fight with each other.
- Height: 60 inches or 5 feet
- Weight: 2.27 pounds
- This is one inflatable punching bag with an illustration on both sides. Because the images are attractive and cool, the kids can practice their karate moves on one side, and then turn it around to practice their boxing jabs and hooks on the other side. The visual cues are not just for the look. It will help to make your kid’s physical activity session better, and also improve their performance and competitive spirit.
- It stands at a whopping 5 feet, so it is just as good for teens and adults as it is for children. If you feel like you need to destress and are looking for a harmless outlet, this will be a wonderful option for you.
- The quality of the item is top-notch. It is crafted with thicker vinyl fabric and precision welding that provides durability. The product undergoes rigorous quality standards testing before leaving the lab, so you are guaranteed the quality of the product and adherence to the newest government safety regulations.
- The bag is easy to assemble. To start with, you have to fill the water-tight bottom chamber with water or even sand. This will keep it uptight. Finally, you can fill the top with air.
- This inflatable kids punching bag is a fantastic way to keep kids away from the TV, mobile phones, or other screens and engage them in a physical activity that will make them stronger, fitter, agile and help them develop their coordination and motor skills. It is excellent for children aged 3 years and above and perfectly safe.
- The water tends to leak all over with use. Remember, sand is generally a better alternative.
Kids Punching Bag FAQ
Are punching bags suitable for toddlers?
It is not just adults who experience stress, emotions, and mood swings. Your little one may also experience emotions that are new to him.
So, they may need help to deal with these emotions. As a parent, you should help them learn what those emotions are, how it makes them feel and how they are affected by it, and help them handle these emotions positively and better.
Punching bags are great tools to help your toddler deal with bug emotions like anger and frustration in a constructive manner.
You should just keep one crucial thing in mind before allowing them to use punching bags. You should reinforce that they will face the consequences for hitting other people and that the punching bag is a safe space to hit and vent out.
What can you use instead of a punching bag?
If you don’t have a punching bag at home, you can very well use a punching bag substitute.
It could be a wall in your home that can take a beating. If you are unsure, just wear a thick pair of gloves before pounding on the walls.
Any thick, padded surface with some sort of stable arrangement underneath can be used to replace your punching bag. All you have to do is apply a little creativity.
Take a camping pad and some rope, tie to a tree, and use it like how you would use a punching bag.
You can use sofa cushions or even the top half of an easy chair for direct punching.
Can punching bags help with anger?
Most certainly yes! Punching bags can help children deal with big emotions like anger, frustration, and stress. It relieves stress and acts as a healthy and constructive channel for their anger.
But remember, it can never replace healthy communication, and you should always be open to them coming to you with their anxieties and other anger management problems.
How long should I hit the punching bag?
If you are hitting your punching bag to destress or let out all your anger and frustration, then do so till you feel better.
You can do it for up to 20 minutes by taking a 30-second break after every 1.5 minutes of punching.
If you are training for competitive sparring, you can base your time off on the duration of the tournament matches. If the sparring matches are for 2 minutes, you can spend 2 minutes hitting the punching bag.
Then you can take a 30 to 40-second break and then go for another 2 minutes, and so on.
If your child is training for MMA, Muay Thai, boxing, and many other martial arts types, then punching bags is a great way to enhance their performance in the respective sport.
It helps them improve their distance, timing, strength, endurance, and power.
Before buying one for your kid, ensure that it is of the right size, weight, and age-appropriate.
Other important factors will be the site where it should be placed, your budget, and the purpose for buying a punching bag in the first place – whether it is simply for physical activity, to provide therapy for children with lots of negative emotions, and or for competitions.
Space is another critical factor that will determine the bag you get. And finally, the type of punching bag, whether hanging or freestanding.
We hope this guide will help pick the punching bag that is just right for your kid.
Happy kicking and punching!